From the Head’s Office
There is always something very special about Christmas in school. The corridors were filled with the sound of happy voices singing on Friday afternoon, as Miss Philips and PP3 decorated their classroom and prepared the scenery for the Christmas Play. The scent of Christingles has oozed from Mrs Rawson’s RE lessons and children have learnt about the meaning behind each of the different parts... and our lovely teaching assistants have been very busy fitting each child with a suitable costume (not to mention all the washing and ironing!). We are all very grateful for their support.
Unfortunately we also have several children who have been unwell this week. We are trying to ensure good hand washing routines in school, however if your child is running a temperature, please allow him / her time at home to recover.
We look forward to seeing you on Friday.
With best wishes,
Susie Drake, Head of Pre-Prep
Dates for Your Diary
* Friday 5th December, 9.30am: Pre-Prep Christmas Play in the Reynolds Hall. Coffee served from 8.45am in the Prep School Dining Room.
* Tuesday 9th December, 9.00am-9.30am: Pre-Prep Carol Service in the Chapel.
· Tuesday 9th December, 1.00-3.00pm: Nursery Christmas Party.
· Tuesday 9th December: Reception, PP1, 2 and 3 to Georgian Theatre in Richmond to watch the pantomime. There will be no swimming club this week.
· Wednesday 10th December, 12.30pm: End of Term (lunch is not served on the last day of term.)
· Thursday 8th January: Pre-Prep Spring Term Starts
* Tuesday 20th January: U8 Football v Terrington Hall (a) and U8 Netball v Queen Mary’s (h)
* Monday 26th January: APPA Big Lunch
· Thursday 22nd January: PP1 Class Visit to Kiplin Hall
· Thursday 29th January: PP2 Class Visit to Bedale Fire Station and Leyburn Chocolate Factory
* Thursday 29th January: U8 Football and Netball v Richmond House (h)
* Sunday 8th February, 2.00pm: Aysgarthian Run
* Wednesday 11th February: U8 Football v Barnard Castle (a)
· Friday 13th February, 3.30pm: All of Pre-Prep finish for Half Term
· Monday 23rd February: Pre-Prep resumes
* Tuesday 24th February: U8 Football and Hockey v Gateway and Lyndhurst (h)
· Thursday 26th February: PP3 Class Visit to Jorvik and DIG!
* Tuesday 3rd March: U8 Football v Terrington (h)
· Thursday 5th March: PP2 trip to Wensleydale Creamery and Dales Countryside Museum
· Monday 9th March: Wensleydale Tournament Begins, children will take part during the following week.
* Wednesday 18th March: U8 Football/Netball v Chapter House (h)
* Wednesday 25th March, 1.00pm: Spring Concert
· Wednesday 25th March, 2.15pm: End of Term (lunch served as usual)
* Wednesday 25th March, 2.15pm: APPA Easter Egg Hunt
* Parents are welcome to attend these events.
Last week’s certificates for Considering Others were presented to:
These children's work was displayed on the Wall of Fame:
All of PP3
These children joined Mrs Drake for Friday Lunch
Reception Table: Serena Hudson
Blue Table: Henry Prudhoe
Yellow Table: Jack Haslam
Green Table: Matilda Baines
Red Table: Nell Biker
Happy Birthday to William Wyvill, Henry Prudhoe and Amber Goodhart
· Tuesday—Beef Goulash
· Wednesday—Pork Sausages
· Thursday—Chicken Curry
· Friday—Fish and Chips
· Monday—Christmas Lunch
Assembly theme for the week: Christmas Cheer
PP1 - Acting Skills
PP1 have been developing their acting skills last week with a puppet show given by the boys and the girls putting on a great performance as weather presenters.
Great fun was had by all.
As a fundraising venture APPA are selling DVDs of Friday’s Nativity Play. Please order your copy on line: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1r3jbqoHzQRnHaOfY9fxvArYpuEPGDzq-iXSUA1Rz8nk/viewform?usp=send_form
Copies £12 each
Also, please don’t forget to bring in donations for the Christmas Hampers and to buy a ticket for the raffle which will be drawn on Friday.
Maths lessons took an active turn in PP2 this week. The children were studying graphs and literally took part in the graph making.
In a graph showing eye colour they stood in a giant graph to show the numbers. When counting favourite fruits they drew pictures on white boards to place in their classroom sized graph.