From the Head’s Office
What a week of action and adventure in the Pre-Prep! Mrs Barlow and our sports club children took to the walls in the sports hall, with Martha the reigning champ having climbed to the very top! Well done everyone and a special thank you to Mr Vivian for lending us his climbing expertise. Our year 3 class (plus Alexander) trooped off to Terrington for their first rugby and netball away matches. Congratulations to them on their teamwork and sportsmanlike conduct.
It has also been lovely to welcome back Mrs Rawson to school this morning (and to see the many excited little faces who were so pleased to see her!) Mrs Rawson is returning to work gradually over the next couple of weeks following an injury to her back. We hope you will join us in wishing her a speedy recovery and we hope to resume her normal teaching commitment after half term.
Also, a reminder about parents evening next week, please do come and make an appointment if you have not already done so.
With best wishes,
Susie Drake, Head of Pre-Prep
Fitness Club: Climbing the walls
We have been making the most of the facilities in the Sports Hall and many thanks to Mr Vivian for lending us his climbing expertise and equipment.
Sport in PP3
The teamwork of our girls and boys was highly praised by Miss Philips and Mr MacLelland, who have spotted some super sporting potential amongst our team members. As always, the ‘event’ of an away match and opportunity to learn the etiquette of visiting another school as a guest is equally valuable for our children. I am pleased to report that both teams excelled in terms of their sportsman-like conduct both on and off the pitch.
Last week’s certificates for Being Caring were presented to:
- Anna Lines
- Jake Goodhart
- Archie MacLelland
- Poppy Dinsdale
- Jack Haslam
These children's work were displayed on our Wall of Fame:
- Samantha Crompton
- George Marriott
- Alexander Storer
- Nicol White
- Sophie Stocken
- Flora Favell
These children joined Mrs Drake for Friday lunch.
- Augustus Favell (Reception)
- Isobel Heagerty (Blue)
- Isabel Bland (Yellow)
- Hector Pearce (Green)
- Martha Pybus (Red
Assembly theme for the week: Being Brave and making Brave Choices
You are all invited to our Harvest Service on Friday 16th October at 9.30am. Coffee will be served in the Prep School Dining Room from 8.45am. This year we will be collecting items for ‘Storehouse’ food bank at the Influence Church in Richmond. All items of dried or tinned food will be gratefully received although the did mention they have lots of pasta already! Items should be brought into school in a small basket or box which the children can carry into chapel themselves.
Dates for Your Diary
- *Friday 16th October: Harvest Service
- *Week beginning 19th October: Parent-Teacher Meetings The sign up sheets are now available outside Mrs Pinkney’s office. Please note the week beginning 19th October the following clubs will operate after school as usual: Cookery Club; Table Games Club; Swimming Club; Ballet Club; Forest Schools; Acorn Club; Drama Club. Fitness Club will not take place on Wednesday 21st October due to Parent-Teacher Meetings.
- Friday 23rd October, 3.30pm: Finish for Half Term
- Monday 2nd November: School re-opens
- *Thursday 12th November: Tag Ruby and Netball v Gateways (home)
- Friday 13th November, 10.00am-12.00pm: Open Morning for Prospective Parents
- *Thursday 19th November: Tag Rugby and Netball v Cundall (away)
- *Friday 20th November: Grandparents Tea
- *Monday 23rd November: Blunderbuss Theatre Company
- *Friday 11th December, 9.30am: Nativity Play in Reynolds Hall
- Tuesday 15th December: Thirsk Rural Arts—Pocket Panto, ‘Aladdin’ performed in school
- *Wednesday 16th December, 9.30am: Carols in Chapel
*Parents are welcome to attend these events