From the Head’s Office
Thank you all very much for your support for our Christmas Play on Friday; the children were brilliant. We hope those of you who could attend also enjoyed the Carol Service yesterday. Thank you to all the teachers and teaching assistants who have worked so hard to put all the Christmas activities together.
My usual space has been taken up with Nativity Play photographs so I will wish you all a joyful Christmas and a happy New Year. We look forward to seeing you all in January.
With best wishes,
Susie Drake, Head of Pre-Prep
Dates for Your Diary
· Tuesday 9th December: Nursery Christmas Party.
· Tuesday 9th December: Reception, PP1, 2 and 3 to Georgian Theatre in Richmond to watch the pantomime. There will be no swimming club today.
· Wednesday 10th December, 12.30pm: End of Term (lunch is not served on the last day of term.)
· Thursday 8th January: Pre-Prep Spring Term Starts
* Tuesday 20th January: U8 Football v Terrington Hall (a) and U8 Netball v Queen Mary’s (h)
* Monday 26th January: APPA Big Lunch
· Thursday 22nd January: PP1 Class Visit to Kiplin Hall
· Thursday 29th January: PP2 Class Visit to Bedale Fire Station and Leyburn Chocolate Factory
* Thursday 29th January: U8 Football and Netball v Richmond House (h)
* Sunday 8th February, 2.00pm: Aysgarthian Run
* Wednesday 11th February: U8 Football v Barnard Castle (a)
· Friday 13th February, 3.30pm: All of Pre-Prep finish for Half Term
· Monday 23rd February: Pre-Prep resumes
* Tuesday 24th February: U8 Football and Hockey v Gateway and Lyndhurst (h)
· Thursday 26th February: PP3 Class Visit to Jorvik and DIG!
* Tuesday 3rd March: U8 Football v Terrington (h)
· Thursday 5th March: PP2 trip to Wensleydale Creamery and Dales Countryside Museum
· Monday 9th March: Wensleydale Tournament Begins, children will take part during the following week.
* Wednesday 18th March: U8 Football/Netball v Chapter House (h)
* Wednesday 25th March, 1.00pm: Spring Concert
· Wednesday 25th March, 2.15pm: End of Term (lunch served as usual)
* Wednesday 25th March, 2.15pm: APPA Easter Egg Hunt
* Parents are welcome to attend these events.
We will be running an U9 cricket holiday course on Mon 6th April and tennis courses on Tues 7th, Wed 8th and Thu 9th (2 hr slots) for pre-prep children as well as a whole day of tennis on Mon 13th April. Further details, venues etc will be sent out next term. Mr MacLelland
Happy Birthday to Joseph Cox, Henry Hollins, Isla Durban and Nell Biker
Fantastic Fundraising for Guide Dogs
We just wanted to let you know that the raffle for our 4 lovely Christmas Hampers and bottle of champagne raised £280. We will pass this money on to The Guide Dogs For The Blind, a very worthy cause. Thank you for all your donations to help make the Christmas Hampers raffle possible. Thanks also to Bon Coeur Fine Wines for the generous donation of the champagne.
Our next event will be The Big Lunch on Monday 26th January, a little earlier than usual to avoid a clash with The Wensleydale Tournament later in the term. The Big Lunch is a very popular event when parents are able to come into school and have a normal school lunch! Parents sit at their child's table and the children take great delight in the whole occassion! Look out for an e-mail in early January from Mrs Pinkney to order tickets.
On behalf of APPA
Also, thank you to everyone for your generous donations at the Nativity Play last Friday. We raised £329 for Guide Dogs. We will also be sending off a cheque for the amount of £261.75 which was raised through the sale of our Christmas Cards.