From the Head’s Office
Thank you to everyone who supported Sunday’s Aysgarthian Run. It was a splendid Aysgarth family event and marvellous to see so many parents running alongside their children as well as the occasional child being ‘helped’ by their canine friend too! Congratulations to Alice, our overall Pre-Prep winner who was followed into second and third place by Georgie and Nancy. Our boys ran well too, with Hector P finishing first, closely followed by Ned and Archie. Our thanks go to Mr Maclelland, for once again organising this superb event.
We have been running on full steam in school too with both Reception and Year 1 contenders for this week’s ‘bounce, bubble and excitement about learning’ award... and it’s all around reading! The visit to Seven Stories has certainly sparked an interest with some phenomenal improvements seen in class this week. Well done to the children and an immense thank you to Mrs Shaw and Mrs Snowball for igniting the reading passion in your little charges!
With best wishes,
Susie Drake, Head of Pre-Prep
Dates for Your Diary
· Friday 9th February: Daydreaming in aid of Make a Dream—Pyjama Day!
· Friday 12th February, 3.30pm: School closes for half term
· Monday 22nd February, 8.45am: School re-opens
· Thursday 25th February: Concert by Bootham School.
* Week beginning 29th February: Reception, PP1, PP2, PP3 children competing in the Wensleydale Tournament.
· Monday 29th February: PP1 and PP2—lambs visiting
· Tuesday 1st March: PP1 and PP2 Felting Workshop
· Tuesday 8th March: PP1 and PP2 day out with the Sheep Dogs at Hags Ghyll Farm
* Tuesday 8th March: Football and Hockey v Terrington (h)
· Thursday 17th March: Reception to National Railway Musuem
· Thursday 17th March: football and Hockey v Gateways (h)
· Thursday 17th March: please note that there is no Drama Club today.
* Wednesday 23rd March, 11.00am: Pre-Prep Spring Concert
· Wednesday 23rd March, 12.00pm: Pre-Prep Term Ends
* Wednesday 23rd March, 12.00pm: Easter Egg Hunt
* Parents are welcome to attend these events.
Assembly Theme for the Week: Honesty
· Tuesday—Spaghetti Bolognaise
· Wednesday—Pork Tagine
· Thursday—Chicken Pie
· Friday—Fish and Chips
· Monday—Steak and Ale Pie
Happy Birthday: Jemimah Vaux, Rafe Townrow
PP3 enjoyed playing football and hockey against Richmond House School last week.
Day Trip to Newcastle
The Reception Class and PP1 Class visited Seven Stories National Centre for Children’s Books last week and enjoyed a range of story related activities.
A great time was had by all at the Aysgarthian Run!
On Friday 12th February we will be ‘day dreaming’ in aid of our chosen charity this year—‘Make a Dream’. Lessons will continue as normal but children may come to school in their pyjamas that day for a donation of £2 to the charity. This will be added to your end of term bill. If you do not want this added to the bill please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last week’s certificates for Being Respectful were presented to:
· Jake Goodhart
· George Marriott
· Hector Pearce
· Annabel Bullas
These children’s work was displayed on the Wall of Fame:
· Flora Orde-Powlett
· Joshua Patterson
· Bella Bland
· Humphrey Hinchliffe
These children joined Mrs Drake for Friday lunch.
· Anna Lines (Reception)
· Isobel Heagerty (Blue)
· Alexander Wyvill (Yellow)
· Ned Alton-Taylor (Green)
· Poppy Dinsdale (Red)