From the Head’s Office
A very warm welcome to Elizabeth, Nathaniel and Coco who have all recently started in our Nursery class. We hope you are very happy with us. We also welcome back Mrs Forth and thank Mrs Harrison for holding the fort so admirably. It is a true testament to Mrs Harrison’s calming and nurturing nature that nursery has remained so settled and happy over the past weeks.
The weather does seem intent on causing us some concern, so please do keep an eye on our website for any snow updates. Please could we also encourage you to ensure children come to school with appropriate clothing for outdoor play. Warm, named hats, gloves and wellingtons are needed as a minimum and we are always happy to help the children into waterproofs or salopettes if your child particularly feels the cold. We will be trying to allow the grass to recover over the next couple of weeks and hope that that this will reduce the mud, both coming into school ... and coming home!
With best wishes,
Susie Drake, Head of Pre-Prep
Stop Press: Excitement at Pre-Prep when a fire engine arrived for a small fire in the caretaker’s house. All the children behaved beautifully as we evacuated to the Astro Turf.
Last week’s certificates for Making a Great Start were presented to:
These children's work was displayed on the Wall of Fame:
These children joined Mrs Drake for Friday Lunch
Reception Table: Archie MacLelland
Blue Table: Alice Prudhoe
Yellow Table: Annabel Bulman
Green Table: Ned Alton-Taylor
Red Table: Max Bailey
Happy Birthday to Poppy Dinsdale and Esme Rowbotham
Assembly theme for the week: Helping Others
Dates for Your Diary
* Monday 26th January: APPA Big Lunch—see email sent 13/01/15
· Thursday 22nd January: PP1 Class Visit to Kiplin Hall
· Thursday 29th January: PP2 Class Visit to Bedale Fire Station and Leyburn Chocolate Factory
* Thursday 29th January: U8 Football and Netball v Richmond House (h)
* Sunday 8th February, 2.00pm: Aysgarthian Run
· Tuesday 10th February: PP3 art afternoon with Queen Mary’s
* Wednesday 11th February: U8 Football v Barnard Castle (a)
· Friday 13th February, 3.30pm: All of Pre-Prep finish for Half Term
· Monday 23rd February: Pre-Prep resumes
* Tuesday 24th February: U8 Football and Hockey v Gateway and Lyndhurst (h)
· Thursday 26th February: PP3 Class Visit to Jorvik and DIG!
· Tuesday 3rd March: PP3 art afternoon with Mowden Hall
* Tuesday 3rd March: U8 Football v Terrington (h)
· Thursday 5th March: PP2 trip to Wensleydale Creamery and Dales Countryside Museum
· Monday 9th March: Wensleydale Tournament Begins, Reception, PP1, PP2, PP3 children will take part during the following week.
* Wednesday 18th March: U8 Football/Netball v Chapter House (h)
* Wednesday 25th March, 1.00pm: Spring Concert
· Wednesday 25th March, 2.15pm: End of Term (lunch as usual)
* Wednesday 25th March, 2.15pm: APPA Easter Egg Hunt
* Parents are welcome to attend these events.
Don’t forget the Wensleydale Tournament Entries see email sent on 19th January for full details.
· Thursday—Sweet and Sour Chicken
· Friday—Fish and Chips
· Monday—Chicken Pizzaiolla
APPA BIG LUNCH—Monday 26th January at 12.00pm
APPA are again organising a fantastic event where you can come into school and have lunch with your son or daughter. From Nursery to PP3 this is an opportunity to get a taste of school life! Tickets cost £12, you sit with your child for lunch and there will be coffee afterwards while the children head back to school.
Mrs Pinkney has sent out an email (13/01/15) for you to order tickets. Please complete the form and send it back by Wednesday 21st January. We look forward to seeing you there!
Scholastic Book Club
A leaflet for Scholastic Books will be sent home today. If you wish to purchase books you can order on-line: http://schools.scholastic.co.uk/aysgarth-school-preprep or return the form to Mrs Pinkney by 30th January. If you order on-line you will need to pay directly on-line. If you return the form the cost of items purchased will be added to your bill at the end of term. The school receives 20% commission for us to spend on books for the library. Books will be delivered to school.
Pre-Prep Children have been making the most of the little bit of snow we have had so far. Reception have been out and about creating snow angels and just about managed to make a mini snow man.