From the Head’s Office
Happy New Year and welcome back to an action packed Spring Term. A full schedule of sports fixture awaits PP3 and we look forward to welcoming pupils and teachers from QM and Mowden Hall who will be enjoying art workshops here at Aysgarth.
In response to informal feedback from a number of parents we have begun to consider arrangements for our after school care. It is likely that eating times and nutritional value of snacks will be adapted to bring these into line with family meal times. I will send a proposal to all parents this week and warmly invite your comments.
We would also like to invite parents to attend our Celebration Assemblies which are held in the chapel at 3.00pm every Friday (except exeat weekends). This is a relaxed opportunity to recognise the children’s achievements, both great and small. We would encourage parents who are able to attend, to come to see any work shared following the assembly. Whenever possible, we will also try to let you know by text if your child is receiving an award.
With best wishes,
Susie Drake, Head of Pre-Prep
Last week’s certificates for Making a Great Start were presented to:
All of PP3
Happy Birthday to Georgie Bell
Dates for Your Diary
· Thursday 8th January: Pre-Prep Spring Term Starts
* Tuesday 20th January: U8 Football v Terrington Hall (a) and U8 Netball v Queen Mary’s (h)
* Monday 26th January: APPA Big Lunch—see email today
· Thursday 22nd January: PP1 Class Visit to Kiplin Hall
· Thursday 29th January: PP2 Class Visit to Bedale Fire Station and Leyburn Chocolate Factory
* Thursday 29th January: U8 Football and Netball v Richmond House (h)
* Sunday 8th February, 2.00pm: Aysgarthian Run
· Tuesday 10th February: PP3 art afternoon with Queen Mary’s
* Wednesday 11th February: U8 Football v Barnard Castle (a)
· Friday 13th February, 3.30pm: All of Pre-Prep finish for Half Term
· Monday 23rd February: Pre-Prep resumes
* Tuesday 24th February: U8 Football and Hockey v Gateway and Lyndhurst (h)
· Thursday 26th February: PP3 Class Visit to Jorvik and DIG!
· Tuesday 3rd March: PP3 art afternoon with Mowden Hall
* Tuesday 3rd March: U8 Football v Terrington (h)
· Thursday 5th March: PP2 trip to Wensleydale Creamery and Dales Countryside Museum
· Monday 9th March: Wensleydale Tournament Begins, children will take part during the following week.
* Wednesday 18th March: U8 Football/Netball v Chapter House (h)
* Wednesday 25th March, 1.00pm: Spring Concert
· Wednesday 25th March, 2.15pm: End of Term (lunch served as usual)
* Wednesday 25th March, 2.15pm: APPA Easter Egg Hunt
* Parents are welcome to attend these events.
We will be running an U9 cricket holiday course on Mon 6th April and tennis courses on Tues 7th, Wed 8th and Thu 9th (2 hr slots) for pre-prep children as well as a whole day of tennis on Mon 13th April. Further details, venues etc will be sent out next term. Mr MacLelland
· Tuesday—Spaghetti Bolognaise
· Wednesday—Pork Tagine
· Thursday—Chicken Pie
· Friday—Fish and Chips
· Monday—Steak and Ale Pie
APPA BIG LUNCH—Monday 26th January at 12.00pm
APPA are again organising a fantastic event where you can come into school and have lunch with your son or daughter. From Nursery to PP3 this is an opportunity to get a taste of school life! Tickets cost £12, you sit with your child for lunch and there will be coffee afterwards while the children head back to school.
Mrs Pinkney has sent out an email today for you to order tickets. Please complete the form and send it back by Wednesday 21st January. We look forward to seeing you there!
Class swimming lessons will be on the following days this term:
Nursery will have a session in the sports hall this term on Thursdays instead of swimming.
Swimming club sessions remain on a Tuesday at the times shown on the notice board.
PE Kit and Clothing
Please ensure that your children have correct PE and sports kit in school for their games lessons.
Also please ensure children have warm, waterproof navy coats with hoods, wellington boots and hats and gloves in school every day. You may send in waterproof trousers for playtimes to help keep legs warm and dry.
All items of kit and clothing must be clearly named.
Don’t forget the Art Competition! The theme this year is Trees. You may paint, draw, collage or model your entry.
Entries are due to Mr Smith in the Prep School by 17th January so the last day to bring them in to Pre-Prep is Friday 16th January.
Prizes will be awarded in each age group—Pre-Prep and younger, Forms 1,2 and 3, Forms 4 and 5 and Family (brothers, sisters, parents etc). Please mark your name and age group clearly on your work.