The singing was loud and clear above Aysgarth for our annual harvest festival, which this year supported the Store House food bank at the Influence Church, Richmond. Your very generous donations were presented by the children who all spoke, acted and sang their class pieces with such confidence in front of a packed chapel. Thank you to all who joined us or sent donations.
This week we look forward to having the opportunity to talk to you about your child’s progress this term at our parents’ evenings. Spaces are still available, so please do make an appointment if you have not yet done so.
The school will break up for half term on Friday afternoon, 3.30pm for Nursery to PP2 and 4pm for PP3. After school club will close at 4pm on this afternoon.
We wish you all a fun-filled half term holiday,
With best wishes,
Susie Drake, Head of Pre-Prep
Dates for Your Diary
- Week beginning 19th October: Parent-Teacher Meetings (Please note the week beginning 19th October the following clubs will operate after school as usual: Cookery Club; Table Games Club; Swimming Club; Ballet Club; Forest Schools; Acorn Club; Drama Club. Fitness Club will not take place on Wednesday 21st October due to Parent-Teacher Meetings.)
- Friday 23rd October, 3.30pm: Finish for Half Term
- Monday 2nd November: School re-opens
- Friday 6th November: PP3 to attend Christmas Shoe Box Service at Crakehall Parish Church (please ensure all shoe boxes are brought into school by 9.00am this day)
- *Saturday 7th November: Bonfire Tea in Pre-Prep at 5.00pm. Bonfire and Fireworks over at the Prep School at 6.00pm. All welcome.
- *Thursday 12th November: Tag Ruby and Netball v Gateways (home)
- Friday 13th November, 10.00am-12.00pm: Open Morning for Prospective Parents
- * Thursday 19th November: Tag Rugby and Netball v Cundall (away)
- * Friday 20th November: Grandparents Tea
- Monday 23rd November: Blunderbuss Theatre Company
- * Friday 11th December, 9.30am: Nativity Play in Reynolds Hall
- Tuesday 15th December: Thirsk Rural Arts—Pocket Panto, ‘Aladdin’ performed in school
- * Wednesday 16th December, 9.30am: Carols in Chapel
* Parents are welcome to attend these events.
Thursday—Sweet and Sour Chicken
Friday—Fish and Chips
An update on our graduated Pre-Preppers!
Harry Gawthorpe has enjoyed cross-country success, claiming an individual 2nd place and team 1st place in the U9s cross country at Sedburgh amidst a huge turnout of 400 competitors. Very well done Harry!
Congratulations also to Isla, Tilda and Annabel, who have all made the netball team at Queen Mary's and to Amber, who is also representing Mowden on the netball team. Well done girls, we hop you enjoy a successful season.
We will be encouraging the children to complete Christmas shoe boxes again this year to be sent to children in need. More information is available on the website: http://www.samaritanspurse.org/what-we-do/operation-christmas-child/
Please bring boxes in to school after half term, PP3 will take the boxes to Crakehall Parish Church on Friday 6th November for a special Christmas Boxes Service with other local schools.
Grandparents’ Afternoon Tea