Never one to ‘blow his own trumpet’, Mr Atherton deserves recognition and thanks from the Pre-Prep this week. We have thoroughly enjoyed his musical accompaniments to our daily assemblies, which culminated in him playing the organ for us in our Celebration assembly on Friday, and thanks also to Wilson Williams in 4th Form for his beautiful piano piece, what a talent! Yesterday we were all invited to listen to scholars from Ampleforth College, whose cello quartet and choir groups also inspired our children.
We are all head-over-heels about our gymnastics lessons! Su Dixon’s expert coaching has already proved very popular with our children (and their teachers!). We do have a couple of spaces available in nursery on Friday mornings if you would like your child to take part in these sessions.
Parents of children in Year 1 and 2 will have received notification that we are part of the NHS programme to introduce the Flu vaccination for children in these classes this year. Please could parents kindly return these to school by Friday so that we can arrange to vaccinate the children before half-term.
With best wishes, Susie Drake, Head of Pre-Prep
Scholastic Book Club
A catalogue for Scholastic Books will be sent home today. If you wish to purchase books you can order online:
http:// schools.scholastic.co.uk/aysgarth-school-preprep or return the form to Mrs Pinkney by 16th October. If you order online you will need to pay directly online. If you return the form to Mrs Pinkney the cost of items will be added to your bill at the end of term. The school receives 20% commission for us to spend on books for the library. Books will be delivered to school.
Last week the children listened to a talk about the Samaritan’s Purse Christmas Shoe Box appeal in assembly. We would like to encourage as many children as possible to complete Christmas shoe boxes again this year to be sent to children in need. Leaflets are going in book bags today which give full details of the items that can be included in the boxes. Boxes should be returned to school the week after half term (2nd November) and the final day to bring them in is Friday 6th November.
You are all invited to our Harvest Service on Friday 16th October. This year we will be collecting items for ‘Storehouse’ food bank at the Influence Church in Richmond. All items of dried or tinned food will be gratefully received although the did mention they have lots of pasta already! Items should be brought into school in a small basket or box which the children can carry into chapel themselves.
Last week’s certificates for Being Helpful were presented to:
- Penny Pybus
- Serena Hudson
- Ned Alton-Taylor
- Buster Preston
These children’s work was displayed on the Wall of Fame
- Flora Orde-Powlett
- Joshua Patterson
- Martha Pybus
- Jemimah Vaux
- Annabel Bullas
- Kieran Hagues
These children joined Mrs Drake for Friday lunch.
- Samantha Crompton (Reception)
- George Marriott (Blue)
- Sophie Stocken (Yellow)
- Pippa Ogden (Green)
- Humphrey Hinchliffe (Red)
Assembly theme for the week: Caring and Caring for Others
- Humphrey Hinchliffe
- James Castledine
Dates for Your Diary
- Wednesday 7th October: Ballet Class in the Sports Hall
- *Thursday 8th October: Tag Rugby and Netball v Terrington (away)
- *Friday 16th October: Harvest Service
- *Week beginning 19th October: Parent-Teacher Meetings The sign up sheets are now available outside Mrs Pinkney’s office. Please note the week beginning 19th October the following clubs will operate after school as usual: Cookery Club; Table Games Club; Swimming Club; Ballet Club; Forest Schools; Acorn Club; Drama Club. Fitness Club will not take place on Wednesday 21st October due to Parent-Teacher Meetings.
- Friday 23rd October, 3.30pm: Finish for Half Term
- Monday 2nd November: School re-opens
- *Thursday 12th November: Tag Ruby and Netball v Gateways (home)
- Friday 13th November, 10.00am-12.00pm: Open Morning for Prospective Parents
- *Thursday 19th November: Tag Rugby and Netball v Cundall (away)
- *Friday 20th November: Grandparents Tea
- *Monday 23rd November: Blunderbuss Theatre Company
- *Friday 11th December, 9.30am: Nativity Play in Reynolds Hall
- Tuesday 15th December: Thirsk Rural Arts—Pocket Panto, ‘Aladdin’ performed in school
- *Wednesday 16th December, 9.30am: Carols in Chapel
*Parents are welcome to attend these events