From the Head’s Office
Flurries of snow are always guaranteed to bring much excitement to school and the challenge of making a snowman from the smallest dusting has kept the children busy at play for most of the past week. With this in mind, please make sure children have wellingtons, warm coats and a pair of water proof gloves or mittens would be brilliant. You may also send in waterproof trousers to wear at playtime to keep legs warm and dry. All items should be clearly named.
The irresistible smell of chocolate has oozed daily from the PP2 classroom (they assure me it’s science!) PP3 have been keeping me very busy decoding their cryptic notes written in Viking runes and in Nursery a new bird hide has created much interest. The school has buzzed happily with the chatter of fascinated children all week!
Please could I remind parents that children should arrive in school before the bell rings at 8.50am to allow lessons to start on time.
With best wishes,
Susie Drake, Head of Pre-Prep
Last week’s certificates for Being Prepared were presented to:
These children's work was displayed on the Wall of Fame:
These children joined Mrs Drake for Friday Lunch
Reception Table: Serena Hudson
Blue Table: Nancy Manners
Yellow Table: Sophie Stocken
Green Table: Sebastian Buczacki
Red Table: Humphrey Hinchliffe
Happy Birthday to Will Penty
Dates for Your Diary
* Friday 6th February, 9.00am: APPA Meeting in the Pre-Prep Kitchen—everyone welcome.
* Sunday 8th February, 2.00pm: Aysgarthian Run
· Tuesday 10th February: PP3 art afternoon with Queen Mary’s
* Wednesday 11th February: U8 Football v Barnard Castle (a)
· Friday 13th February, 3.30pm: All of Pre-Prep finish for Half Term
· Monday 23rd February: Pre-Prep resumes
* Tuesday 24th February: U8 Football and Hockey v Gateway and Lyndhurst (h)
· Thursday 26th February: PP3 Class Visit to Jorvik and DIG!
· Tuesday 3rd March: PP3 art afternoon with Mowden Hall
* Tuesday 3rd March: U8 Football v Terrington (h)
· Thursday 5th March: PP2 trip to Wensleydale Creamery and Dales Countryside Museum
· Monday 9th March: Wensleydale Tournament Begins, Reception, PP1, PP2, PP3 children will take part during the following week.
* Wednesday 18th March: U8 Football/Netball v Chapter House (h)
* Wednesday 25th March, 1.00pm: Spring Concert
· Wednesday 25th March, 2.15pm: End of Term (lunch as usual)
* Wednesday 25th March, 2.15pm: APPA Easter Egg Hunt
* Parents are welcome to attend these events.
Assembly theme for the week: Being Organised
Don’t forget full P.E. Kit, including indoor and outdoor trainers. Full kit should be in school every week.
· Tuesday—Beef Goulash
· Wednesday—Pork Sausages
· Thursday—Chicken Curry
· Friday—Fish and Chips
· Monday—Chicken Goujons
You can now order school PE or Swimming Kit Bags embroidered with your child’s name. See the email from Mrs Pinkney sent on 2nd February for more details.
This Friday (6th February), 9.00am in the Pre-Prep Kitchen.
We would love to see some new faces. There are not many of us that are regulars and a number of us have children in the final year at Pre-Prep.
If you have any questions prior to the meeting please feel free to get in touch with myself, Susie Dinsdale (Isla is in PP3 and Poppy is in PP1) or Becs Bullas (Annabel is in PP2 and Bertie is in Reception). We'd be happy to tell you a bit more about what is involved. Everyone welcome.
PP2's Day Trip