The end of term is almost here and the past week has been packed with plenty of excitement. Last Thursday our PP3 children (with the help of some PP2 children) played brilliantly against Gateways School in football and hockey. Some great skills and sportsmanship were on display.
The Reception Class had a very exciting day out to the National Railway Museum. Not only did they see lots of engines when they were there but they travelled to York by train which was a new experience for some.
Yesterday all of the Pre-Prep children were treated to a visit from 11 EOD Regiment, which is based at Catterick Garrison. The children were shown equipment used by the bomb disposal experts and also given the chance to operate the robot arm!
In amongst all these activities there has been preparation for Easter. All the children have been practising very hard for the Spring Concert and we invite you all to watch the concert tomorrow at 11.00am in the Reynolds Hall. Following this is our annual Easter Egg Hunt. Please collect your children from the Pre-Prep and assist them to find the correct number of Easter Eggs.
We wish you all a Happy Easter and an enjoyable holiday and look forward to seeing you all back in school on Thursday 21st April.
Dates for Your Diary
* Wednesday 23rd March, 11.00am: Pre-Prep Spring Concert
· Wednesday 23rd March, 12.00pm: Pre-Prep Term Ends
* Wednesday 23rd March, 12.00pm: Easter Egg Hunt
· Thursday 21st April: start of term
· Friday 22nd April: open morning for prospective parents
· Monday 25th April: Rio Themed Workshops
· Tuesday 26th April: Rio Themed Drumming Workshops
* Tuesday 26th April: Rio Carnival for parents
· Thursday 5th May: Whole School Photograph
· Tuesday 10th May: PP2 and PP3 girls sports afternoon at Queen Mary’s
* Thursday 19th May: Presentation to Pre-Prep Parents about Prep School
· Tuesday 24th Mary: PP1, PP2, PP3 visit to Life Centre, Newcastle
· Tuesday 3rd May: Older Nursery Children and Reception to Tropical World, Leeds
· Thursday 26th May: Nursery Toddle Waddle in aid of Meningitis Trust
· Friday 27th May, 3.30pm: start of half term holiday
· Monday 6th June: school re-opens
· Thursday 9th June: PP3 and Form 1 inter-school maths challenge
· Monday 13th June: PP3 Arts Week visit to Leeds Royal Armouries
· Tuesday 14th June: ’Step Up’ Day
· Tuesday 14th June: PP3 to Prep School Arts Week Activities
· Wednesday 15th June: PP3 to Prep School Arts Week Activities
* Friday 17th June, morning: Nursery Sports
* Friday 17th June, lunchtime: Bring you picnic lunch to eat with your children in the school grounds
* Friday 17th June, afternoon: Pre-Prep Sports
* Week beginning 20th June: Parent-Teacher Meetings
· Tuesday 28th June: Reception Trip to Studfold Farm
* Wednesday 29th June: Ballet Tea
* Friday 1st July: Strawberry Fayre
· Wednesday 6th July: Pre-Prep Children Picnic Lunch
· Wednesday 6th July: PP3 Trip to Carlton Lodge
* Friday 8th July, 11.00am: End of Year Assembly
· Friday 8th July, 12.15pm: End of Term
* Parents are welcome to attend these events.
|Last week's certificates for Enthusiasm were pre
|These children's work was displayed on the Wall of
|These children joined the Good Manners Table for Friday Lunch
Happy Birthday to:
· Flora Orde-Powlett
· Hector Mudd
· Serena Hudson
· Alexander Wyvill
· Isobel Heagerty
· Annabel Bullas
· Chloe Atkinson
· Hector Orde-Powlett
A visit from the Army Bomb Disposal Squad - 110D Regiment
The Reception Class have independently produced these lovely reports about their trip to the Railway Museum.
These ones are by Flora, Samantha and Jake.
In their R.E. Lessons with Mrs Rawson the children have been exploring the Easter Story and creating Easter Gardens to help them remember the details.