From the Head’s Office
It was a glorious day for PP2’s visit to Souter Lighthouse last week. Clear blue skies and a calm sea meant that the views, following a breath taking climb to the top, were truly spectacular. The visit is an exciting and varied launching point for the terms activities, providing an insight into the life of a lighthouse keeper, the workings of the lighthouse and opportunity for a bit of creative science when the children made their own lighthouses. I particularly enjoyed the children’s reasoning behind their designs and I’m sure you’ll agree that their lighthouses were wonderful. You can find photographs and Martha’s report in the centre pages.
We welcome two new families to the Pre Prep and hope that Henry, and Amelia will be very happy during their time with us.
Miss Phillips (assisted by Mrs O’Kelly, Miss Dennis and Mrs Snowball) has made some superb improvements to our school library this week. We hope that the clearer organisation of books will help the children to make better use of this facility. The next step will be to purchase reading cushions to make library time a more comfortable experience.
A huge thank you to Alex for all he has done to improve the Pre Prep environment recently. As well as surprising Mrs Forth with a nursery repaint over the summer, Alex has been busy hanging mirrors, fixing and generally impressing the children with his power drill!!
What a busy start to the year!
With best wishes, Susie Drake, Head of Pre-Prep
PP2 Visit to Souter Lighthouse
Last week’s certificates for Being a Good Friend were presented to:
· Jake Goodhart
· Alexander Wyvill
· Jemimah Vaux
· Pippa Ogden
|These children's work was displayed on the Wall of Fame:
· Gus Favell
· Archie MacLelland
· Isabel Fall
· Nancy Manners
These children joined Mrs Drake for Friday lunch:
· Flora Orde-Powlett (Reception)
· Alice Prudhoe (Blue)
· Alexander Wyvill (Yellow)
· Flora Favell (Green)
· Kieran Hagues (Red)
Dates for Your Diary
· Thursday 24th September: PP3 Class Trip to Jorvik
* Friday 25th, 2.00pm: all parents invited to afternoon tea with Mr and Mrs Morse in Prep School dinning room
· Friday 25th and Monday 28th September: Photographer to take individual and siblings school photographs; see email sent 18/09/15
* Thursday 8th October: Tag Rugby and Netball v Terrington (away)
* Friday 16th October: Harvest Service
* Week beginning 19th October: Parent-Teacher Meetings
· Friday 23rd October, 3.30pm: Finish for Half Term
· Monday 2nd November: School re-opens
* Thursday 12th November: Tag Ruby and Netball v Gateways (home)
* Thursday 19th November: Tag Rugby and Netball v Cundall (away)
* Friday 20th November: Grandparents Tea
* Monday 23rd November: Blunderbuss Theatre Company
* Friday 11th December, 9.30am: Nativity Play in Reynolds Hall
· Tuesday 15th December: Thirsk Rural Arts—Pocket Panto, ‘Aladdin’ performed in school
* Wednesday 16th December, 9.30am: Carols in Chapel
* Parents are welcome to attend these events.
· Archie MacLelland
· Sophie Stocken
· Thursday—Sweet and Sour Chicken
· Friday—Fish and Chips
· Monday—Chicken Pizzaiolla
Assembly theme for the week: Positivity and Perseverance