From the Head’s Office
Thank you to everyone who joined us for the APPA Big Lunch yesterday and a special thank you to the parents who kindly helped serve at their table. I think everyone agreed that the food was, as always, superb. Thank you again to Michael and his kitchen team.
This week The Acorn shares with you a range of work celebrating the diverse experiences the children enjoy here in the Pre-Prep. Year 2 share their beautiful spinning wheel paintings which required great attention to detail and developed skills in drawing, painting and inking. Year 3, inspired by the story of Pandora’s Box, were asked the question “What is Hope?” Their work is stunning! We also share precious memories of the Christening attended by our reception class at St Gregory’s as part of their RE work.
This afternoon we look forward to football and hockey matches against Richmond House at the slightly earlier time of 1.45pm (in the sports hall). We are also delighted that our Year 2’s will be able to join in with the netball tournament at Queen Mary’s next week, a little taster of match play to complete their netball season.
With best wishes,
Susie Drake, Head of Pre-Prep
Assembly Theme for the week: Respect
Dates for Your Diary
· Thursday 4th February: Reception and PP1 visit to Seven Stories
· Sunday 7th February, 2.00pm: Aysgarthian Run
· Monday 8th February: PP1 and PP2 to visit Dales Countryside Museum
* Monday 8th February, 2.45-3.30pm: meeting about starting school for Nursery parents
* Tuesday 9th February: Netball Tournament at Queen Mary’s
· Friday 12th February, 3.30pm: School closes for half term
· Monday 22nd February, 8.45am: School re-opens
· Thursday 25th February: Concert by Bootham School.
* Week beginning 29th February: Reception, PP1, PP2, PP3 children competing in the Wensleydale Tournament.
· Monday 29th February: PP1 and PP2—lambs visiting
· Tuesday 1st March: PP1 and PP2 Felting Workshop
· Tuesday 8th March: PP1 and PP2 day out with the Sheep Dogs at Hags Ghyll Farm
* Tuesday 8th March: Football and Hockey v Terrington (h)
· Thursday 17th March: Reception to National Railway Musuem
· Thursday 17th March: football and Hockey v Gateways (h)
· Thursday 17th March: please note that there is no Drama Club today.
* Wednesday 23rd March, 11.00am: Pre-Prep Spring Concert
· Wednesday 23rd March, 12.00pm: Pre-Prep Term Ends
* Wednesday 23rd March, 12.00pm: Easter Egg Hunt
* Parents are welcome to attend these events.
Parent-Teacher Meetings—week beginning 8th February
The sign up sheets for Parent-Teacher Meetings are on the board outside the office. If you are unable to pop into school to sign up for an appointment please email Mrs Pinkney who will be able to help.
Please note that due to Parent-Teacher Meetings the following clubs are cancelled that week: Cookery, Fitness, Table Games and Acorn.
Swimming Club, Ballet and Drama will be taking place as normal.
· Tuesday—Celebrity Chef Day
· Wednesday—Roast Pork
· Thursday—Beef Stroganoff
· Friday—Fish and Chips
· Monday—Meatballs and Spaghetti
Reception Visit to
St Gregory’s Parish Church in Crakehall. They learnt about Christian Baptism with Rev Brian Dixon and Mrs Irwin, the Church Warden.
Spinning Wheel pictures
PP3’s poems about hope
Here are just two of the poems inspired by the Greek Myth of Pandora’s box which PP3 have been studying this term.
The rest of the poems are on display outside the PP3 classroom.
On Friday 12th February we will be ‘day dreaming’ in aid of our chosen charity this year—‘Make a Dream’. Lessons will continue as normal but children may come to school in their pyjamas that day for a donation of £2 to the charity. This will be added to your end of term bill. If you do not want this added to the bill please email email@example.com
Last week’s certificates for Determination were presented to:
· Penny Pybus
· Archie MacLelland
· Martha Pybus
· Kieran Hagues
These children’s work was displayed on the Wall of Fame:
· All of Reception
· Serena Hudson
· Poppy Dinsdale
· Nicol White
· Buster Preston
· Nancy Manners
· Alice Prudhoe
These children joined Mrs Drake for Friday lunch.
· Samantha Crompton (Reception)
· Alice Prudhoe (Blue)
· Sophie Stocken (Yellow)
· Flora Favell (Green)
· Nell Biker (Red)