It has been a pleasure to have the children back in school, especially given the excellent weather we have enjoyed this week, and we have enjoyed welcoming our new children and staff to the Aysgarth family.
Looking forwards may I take this opportunity to invite you to join us for tea at 2pm on Friday the 23rd September at the Headmaster’s House. Hopefully it will provide a chance for us all to catch up over a cup of tea and a slice of cake.
This term looks set to be busy and enjoyable; there is a list of dates for your diary on the back of this edition.
In particular your children might like to note that we have been invited to join in the Prep School’s Book Week activities. The theme this year is ‘Harry Potter’, to mark the twentieth anniversary of the publication of the first book. We are planning some magically age appropriate activities for our classes during the run up to Thursday 13th October when the whole school will be involved in a day of activities, including an owl display and a themed lunch. Can we ask that your child comes into school wearing a magically themed costume; black cats, fairies, elves, witches and wizards are all welcome alongside those who may want to come as a Harry Potter character.
Finally, you may also have noticed that we will be holding another open morning on Thursday 22nd September. We would be very grateful if you could kindly pass on information about the event to friends who may have children of a suitable age and may be interested in visiting us.
With all best wishes,
Rob and Lottie Morse
Our children in the Nursery and Reception Classes have been very busy this week. They’ve had a wonderful time exploring their classrooms and the garden and investigating all that is on offer.
They have also begun to learn the routines of a school day and are feeling very grown up when they can do things for themselves.
Dates for your diary
· Thursday 15th September: PP2 visit to Souter Lighthouse
· Thursday 22nd September: Pre-Prep open morning for prospective parents
* Friday 23rd September: Pre-Prep parents’ tea with Mr and Mrs Morse—all welcome
* Thursday 29th September: U8 tag rugby v Ampleforth and Scarborough College (a)
· Tuesday 4th October: PP3 classes to Jorvik Viking Centre
· Thursday 6th October: Reception to Thorp Perrow Arboretum
* Thursday 6th October: U8 tag rugby and netball v Terrington Hall (h)
· Thursday 6th October: no drama club, after school care available if required
* Tuesday 11th October: U8 tag rugby v Richmond House (a)
* Tuesday 11th October: U8 netball v Gateways (h)
· Week beginning 10th October: Harry Potter themed Book Week
· Wednesday 12th October: Aysgarth Poetry Recital Competition
· Thursday 13th October: Harry Potter day.
* Friday 14th October: Harvest Festival
· Monday 17th October: PP1 visit to Kiplin Hall
· Friday 21st October, 3.30pm: Pre-Prep half term starts
· Monday 31st October: School re-opens
* Saturday 5th November: Bonfire party and fireworks—all welcome
* Wednesday 16th November: U8 tag rugby v Terrington Hall (a)
* Wednesday 16th November: U8 netball v Queen Mary’s (h)
· Thursday 17th November: no drama club, after school care available if required
* Friday 18th November: Grandparents’ Tea
* Tuesday 22nd November: U8 netball v Terrington Hall (a)
* Thursday 8th November: Drama club performance
* Friday 9th December: Nativity play
· Tuesday 13th December: Reception, PP1, PP2, PP3 to pantomime at Harrogate.
· Tuesday 13th December: Nursery Christmas party
* Wednesday 14th December: Carol service
· Wednesday 14th December, 12.30pm: Term ends (lunch is not served on the last day of term.
* Parents are welcome to attend these events.