Statement of purpose
Aysgarth provides its pupils with the opportunity to develop into confident, ambitious and resilient children who will thrive here, at their next school and in the wider world.
The statement of purpose is underpinned by the School’s values of respect, endeavour and courage.
Aysgarth is home to a close, happy and thriving community of children and staff. We develop the best in each individual child by providing a caring, stimulating and safe environment. We believe strongly in the value of boarding as a means of developing a child in every aspect. The chapel is at the very heart of the school reflecting the importance of faith and service.
We will achieve this by:
- Attracting and retaining high quality and enthusiastic staff.
- Teaching a broad curriculum and establishing lifelong learning skills.
- Challenging the pupils to develop their character through the teaching of Christian belief.
- Providing a wide range of opportunities beyond the classroom.
- Working closely with parents and guardians across all elements of their child’s education.
- Helping to identify the best future school for every child.
- Developing partnerships within and beyond the Aysgarth community.
- Remaining financially secure so as to enable reinvestment in both people and facilities.